Radio plays a significant role in the music system of your car. Usually, expensive cars have a good radio system. But if your car radio doesn’t have the feature, you are looking for. You need to install a new radio for a car. But now the question is how much is a new radio for a car?
The price for installing a radio in a car varies, and it depends upon many factors. Most importantly, it depends if you would install the car radio by yourself or take the help of some professional for this purpose. Typically, you have to pay anywhere between 100 $ to 200 $ based on these factors. It will also depend on the type of radio you are going to install and its components.
Keep reading this article to have complete knowledge about how much is a new radio for a car.
How much is a new radio for a car?
The cost of a new radio in a car depends upon the type of vehicle, type of radio, and installation method you are going to adopt. let’s find out the cost depending on the type of installation.
If you install the radio system without any special tweaking, most retailers can install it for 50 $. It would be a simple procedure without cutting any dash area and standard wires.
In some cars like open body vehicles, the installation might be a little bit different. You will need to install the speakers, wires, and convertibles. You will also have to perform some cutting processes. In this type of installation, you will have to spend a lot more money than a basic installation setup.
Discounted installation method
If you want to save money, you can choose a discounted installation method. In this process, you will have to buy all the components separately and then assembled them at home. It will be much less costly, but it will just take more time. But you also have to research thoroughly for this purpose. The installer must also be completely familiar with your car as well as the radio system.
To keep the party going, installing a radio and good speakers is essential.
How long does it take to install a car radio?
It depends on how many experts you are in this field. If you are a professional in this field, it will take 15 to 20 minutes to put out the old radio system and replace it with the new radio system. Otherwise, you might take 2-3 hours in doing the whole process of taking out and replacing the system. Let’s have a look at the steps of the installation of the radio in the car.
- First of all, you must disconnect the battery while dealing with electronics.
- Remove the fascia with the help of plastic pry tools.
- After that, remove all the screws around the radio and gently remove it.
- Once you have taken it out, go behind the unit and disconnect all the cables attached with it. It will be connected with at least three cables, a steering wheel, AM/FM antenna, and power cable.
- After completely disconnecting, remove the older unit.
- Take the new unit and plug all the cables into it.
- Slowly and gradually install all the system in your car.
- Reinstall all the mounting screws you have removed already.
- Connect it with the battery and test all the radio functions.
- If it is working good, then reinstall the fascia again.
- Finally, the job is done and operate your music with the radio system.
If you want to replace the factory radio with the aftermarket radio, it would be a little bit tricky than this procedure. In this case, the car must be compatible with ISO adaptors, and these adaptors must be compatible with the head unit adaptor. Both of these adaptors must be compatible with the head unit brand and the car brand. It would help if you also had a fascia plate for this purpose. It will also take much more time as compared to the previous installation method. It all depends upon the type of your car and how much neat installation you want to have.